Cheyenne, WY (April 16th, 2021) – The cowboys have spoken…
April 1, 2021 – Costa Mesa, CA. Play Ball! It seems like a lifetime since the World Series at Globe Life Field. Subsequently, Tickets.com and Major League Baseball have come a long way to build a comprehensive plan by expanding technology, hardware, and services to support the reopening of stadiums across the nation to fans.
Utilizing in-depth safety precautions and security measures at the ballpark, fans can expect a safe, clean, and friendly environment to enjoy baseball. Fans can also expect more from their ticketing by utilizing Tickets.com’s powerful, enterprise-grade products, including a redesigned digital ticket purchase flow in MyProVenue™ with detailed safety information, plus pod-style seating to maintain physical distance in the upcoming season. Here are some things to expect for the upcoming MLB season:
Optimized Seating & Ticket Sales:
- Clubs with limited capacity due to social distance seating considerations have optimized seating and defined purchasing scenarios in order to safely invite fans into the stands using ProVenue®, our back-office ticketing solution.
- Ticket purchasing has been configured to maximize the available inventory while maintaining the integrity of the applicable “pod” or seating group.
- Season Ticket holders and returning fans will be able to consume their Account Credits online to enable flexibility and get them to as many games as possible.
Digital Tickets and Increased Safety Information:
- Tickets.com has made it easier than ever for fans to purchase digital tickets using MyProVenue on their mobile device or desktop, including support for Mastercard Click to Pay.
- As capacity constraints lessen and more fans return, on-site messaging via QR codes may be available to help support fans making self-service purchases as a ‘contactless box office’ while continuing to limit contact with ballpark staff.
- Fans can also expect staggered physical entry in some cases, reducing potential crowds as a safety precaution. Using ticket validation rules in ProVenue and more detailed ticket information on-site and on the MyProVenue digital ticket, fans will enter in ways that adhere to safe distance practices.
- Additional Health Surveys will be used at certain ballparks through the MLB Ballpark app.
Frictionless Ballpark Entry :
- Gate and suite entrances will also utilize a more frictionless ticket validation experience running on Alfred™, the Tickets.com mobile concierge. Alfred validates tickets and seamlessly synchronizes information with ProVenue, the back-office ticketing platform, providing ballparks with a more comprehensive look at each entrance, such as volume of fans by location.
- The widespread use of digital tickets on mobile devices within MyProVenue makes entry into the ballpark simple for fans and speedy to validate using Alfred.
- Using a variety of devices, such as pedestals and hand-held scanners, clubs will provide a digital and, in some cases, contactless ticket validation experience for fans. Contactless tickets use Near-Field Communication (NFC) with Apple® Wallet and Google Pay™ to make the fan entry faster by triggering validation from the mobile device when in near proximity to the pedestal or hand-held scanner. There is no need to find or scan a barcode to get into the game.
It’s time to get excited about a new season of baseball, there is history to be made with fans in the stands. Play Ball!
Tickets.com is a technology solutions provider focused on building premium live event experiences for clients and patrons. Established in 1995, Tickets.com has been the technology provider for over 1MM live events across the globe. Our team is dedicated to developing and delivering the most innovative and modern ticketing technology in the world. Through strategy, partnership, and innovation, Tickets.com is on a mission to disrupt the ticketing industry and provide the best live experiences.